Rise early to observe the solemn morning ritual of monks walking through the streets to collect alms. Tak bat, or almsgiving, is a must-see experience for travelers to Luang Prabang. After the opportunity to make your own rice offering to saffron-robed monks, you head to a morning market.
After pickup at dawn from your hotel in Luang Prabang, transfer to a street where a single-file line of silent, saffron-clad Buddhist monks walk with their alms bowls each morning. Observe or participate in this serene Buddhist ritual of almsgiving.
After the monks have passed through, visit a market that pops up each morning near Luang Prabangai??i??s main thoroughfare.Ai??Brush elbows with the locals buying fruits, vegetables, meat, and spices from vendors who display an enticing array of products. Marvel at locally grown chili peppers, miniature eggplants, and violet banana flowers used in home cooking. If you’d like, try regional snacks like dried buffalo skin and rice-flour chips. Return to your hotel after 2.5 hours of an interesting and cultural tour of Luang Prabang.
- Early rise to see the interesting morning ritual of monks
- Chance to learn about Buddhism or simply watch in awe
- Opportunity to lay a rice offering in sacred reverence
- Scrumptious aromas of the local vegetable & meat market
- Informative, cultural & religious tour with a friendly guide.